Generic Biaxin. Clarithromycin. Buy Biaxin online
What is generic Biaxin?
Generic Biaxin is a last generic semi-synthetic macrolide antibiotic which is highly effective against a wide variety of aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms. The active ingredient of generic Biaxin is clarithromycin which is used in the treatment of respiratory system, mycobacterial infections, Chlamydia infection, ureaplasma, eradication of Helicobacter pylorin in patients with stomach and duodenal ulcers (in combination with other antibiotics and proton pump inhibitors). Generic Biaxin is made by GSK (Glaxo Smith Klein).
How does Clarithromycin work?
Clarithromycin is semi-synthetic macrolide antibiotic. The medication possesses bacteriostatic effect against aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms. Clarithromycin oral works by inhibiting the synthesis of proteins in the microbial cell through the binding to 50S ribosomal subunit in the bacterial membrane. In therapeutic doses Clarithromycin exerts bacteriostatic action against Intracellular microorganisms: Chlamydia trachomatis, Chlamydia pneumoniae, Ureaplasma urealyticum, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Legionella pneumophila;
Gram-positive bacteria: Streptococcus spp. (beta-hemolytic streptococci group A, alpha-haemolytic streptococci, pyogenes, viridans, pneumoniae, agalactiae), Staphylococcus aureus, Listeria monocytogenes, Corynebacterium spp.;
Gram-negative bacteria: Haemophilus influenzae (parainfluenzae), Haemophilus ducreyi, Bordetella pertussis, Pasteurella multocida, Moraxella catarrhalis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Neisseria meningitidis, Borrelia burgdorferi, Campylobacter spp. (C. jejuni)
The medication exerts an expressed therapeutic effects against Helicobacter pylori infection.
Clarithromycin oral is active against certain anaerobes, including macrolide - resistant: Eubacterium spp., Peptococcus spp. (P. species), Propionibacterium spp. (P. acnes), Peptostreptococcus species, Clostridium perfringens, Bacteroides melaninogenicus, Bacteroides fragiles; also against Toxoplasma gondii, Mycobacterium spp. (M. avium, M. leprae, M. intracellula, M. kansasii, M. portuitum, except for M. tuberculosis).
What is Clarithromycin is used for?
· Infections of the upper respiratory tract (laryngitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, sore throat, sinusitis, otitis media, strep throat);
· Infection of the lower respiratory tract (acute bronchitis, exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, community-acquired, bacterial atypical pneumonia);
· Infections of the skin and soft tissue (folliculitis, furunculosis, impetigo, wound infection);
· Mycobacterial infections (M. avium complex, M. kansasii, M. marinum, M. leprae);
· Infections caused by: Chlamydia trachomatis, Ureaplasma urealyticum;
· Eradication of Helicobacter pylori in patients with stomach and duodenal ulcer or gastric (in combination with other medicines).
How generic Biaxin is taken?
The dose of Clarithromycin is determined by your doctor. The indicated dose is defined according to the patint's weight, severity of the infection, infection type and type of microorganisms which caused an infection. Remember you should finish the prescribed course of treatment even if you become feeling better. Do not stop taking the medicine without talking to your doctor. The medication comes in the form of tablets which should be taken with a glass of water. Swallow the medication whole. Do not chew, crash or break the tablets. Try to take the medicines at the same time each day.
Which Clarithromycin side effects are possible during the treatment?
Clarithromycin may cause the following side effects:
Digestive system: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, stomatitis, glossitis, short-term discoloration of the teeth and tongue, pancreatitis, pseudomembranous enterocolitis, cholestatic jaundice, hepatitis, increase in liver transaminases and alkaline phosphatase, increased serum levels of bilirubin.
Central nervous system and peripheral nervous system: headache, vertigo, paresthesia, drowsiness, hallucinations, convulsions, psychosis, dizziness, confusion, fear, insomnia, nightmares, depersonalization, disorientation.
Hemopoietic system: leukopenia, neutropenia.
Sense organs: the change of taste (dysgeusia), smell, ringing in the ears, a short-term hearing loss.
Cardiovascular system: prolongation of QT interval on ECG, ventricular tachycardia of "pirouette".
Respiratory system: dyspnea.
Musculoskeletal System: arthralgia, myalgia.
Urinary tract: interstitial nephritis, renal failure, increased serum levels of creatinine, uric acid.
Metabolism: hypoglycemia in patients taking hypoglycemic drugs.
Allergic reactions: skin rash, hives, itchy skin, swelling of the face, anaphylactic shock, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis (Lyell syndrome), Quincke's angioneurotic edema.
Blood coagulation system: prolongation of prothrombin time, thrombocytopenia (unusual bleeding, hemorrhage).
Other: in prolonged use a patient may develop cases superinfection, candidiasis, resistance of microorganisms (pseudomembranous colitis, oral candidiasis).
If any of these side effects occur during the treatment seek medical attention immediately.
Clarithromycin cautions, warning and precautions
Generic Biaxin is contraindicated in the following conditions:
· Severe hepatic failure
· Hepatitis B (in history)
· First pregnancy trimester
· Simultaneous therapy with terfenadine, cisapride, pimozide or astemizole;
· Children under 12 years of age or weighing less than 33 kg
· Congenital intolerance to fructose malabsorption syndrome glucose / galactose or
· Known allergic reactions to any compounds of the medication
· Increased sensitivity to other macrolide antibiotics.
Generic Biaxin should be used with caution in patients with renal failure of moderate and severe, with liver failure, in II and III trimesters of pregnancy.
Patients with kidney or liver diseases need a dose adjustment relying on creatinine clearance index.
Clarithromycin administration may alter the flora of the intestine and provoke the growth of clostridia microorganisms leading to Clostridium difficile-associated disease. C. difficile produces toxins A and B which can contribute to the development of CDAD. CDAD has been reported after 2 month of the medication use.
The treatment with Clarithromycin should be discontinued in case of development of allergic reactions, especially such as anaphylactic shock
Which are Clarithromycin overdose symptoms?
The symptoms of overdose include: vomiting, stomach pain, headache, confusion. In case of overdose symptomatic therapy should be carried.
How generic Biaxin can interact with other medicines?
· Carbamazepine which is used for the treatment of bipolar disorders. Clarithromycin oral may increase the blood levels of Carbamazepine
· Certain Benzodiazepines. Generic Biaxin may increase the blood levels of certain Benzodiazepines such as Alprazolam, Midazolam, Triazolam and others
· Erectile dysfunction remedies such as Viagra, Cialis or Levitra. Clarithromycin medicine may increase the levels of sildenafil, vardenafil and tadalafil in the blood
· Colchicine. Clarithromycin drug may increase the risk of colchicines side effects
· Cardiac glycosides such as Digoxin. Biaxin increases the risk of Digoxin overdose
· Ergot medications. Biaxin oral increases the toxicity of ergot drugs
· HIV medications. Clarithromycin may interact with certain HIV/AIDS drugs
· Pimozide and Biaxin may cause severe and even life-threatening conditions
· QT-Prolonging Medications when used with clarithromycin may cause abnormal heart rate
· Statins. Biaxin generic may increase the levels of statins in the blood
· Biaxin may increase Theophylline blood levels
· Biaxin oral may increase the risk of bleedings when used with warfarin (blood thinner)
How Biaxin should be stored?
You should store the medication at dry and protected from light place out of reach of children. Do not store Clarithromycin tablets in a bathroom.
How can I buy Biaxin online?
You can buy Biaxin online using your Visa credit card. Our reliable online pharmacy offer secured SSL 128 encrypted processing.
Where can I buy Biaxin online?
You can buy Biaxin online at our online pharmacy. We offer competitive prices and high quality of the medication
Which is the manufacturer of generic Biaxin?
Generic Biaxin is made by GSK (Glaxo Smith Klein)