Brand name: Curiosin
International nonproprietary name (active ingredient): Zinc hyaluronan
Drug Manufacture: Gedeon Richter
Available pharmaceutical forms:
- Gel for the local application 15g
- Solution for the local application 10 ml
Curisoin® ATC code: D03AX05
Curiosin Pharmacotherapeutic group: drug used for acne treatment
Curiosin pharmacological action:
Curiosin is a natural medication with antibacterial and tissue regenerative properties. Hyaluronic acid is a biopolymer- essential skin component. By interacting with proteins, water molecules and other substances, Hyaluronan forms dispersive territorial matrix, contributing to maintenance of the skin tonicity and elasticity. Hyaluronan acid improves microcirculation and enhances tissue regeneration.
Zinc is responsible for the skin cells division, exerts antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory action. Complex of Zinc and hyaluronan contributes to strengthening of the skin cell proliferation resulting in more efficient and faster wound healing.
Curiosin indications: Curiosin is indicated for the Over-the-counter application in the following conditions:
- Wounds of a different origin(minor burns, traumatic wounds(cuts, lacerations, abrasions)
- Acne treatment (mild and moderate form)
- Chronic wounds (only under your doctor supervision)
Curiosin gel or solution should not be applied in known hypersensitivity to any of the medications active ingredients (Zinc hyaluronan)
Talk with you doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Curiosin mode of administration:
Traumatic wounds: You should clean the affected area with water or saline, waiting until bleedings stop. Apply Curiosin gel(1mm layer) or solution(1 drop/cm2) on the entire affected surface . Then you may cover damage area with gauge.
Burns : Carefully clean the burn surface with cold water and apply gel or solution on the affected area.
Acne: You should carefully rub gel into affected surface two times daily (morning and evening)
Curiosin Side effects:
In the beginning of treatment the sense of mild burning, itching and hyperemia of the skin surface are possible.
Recommendations for storage: The medications should be stored at the temperature between 15 and 30 Celsius degree.
Drug necessary information (advantages):
- Curiosin promotes wound healing and prevents wound infection.
- Curiosin is a natural medication containing highly purified zinc Hyaluronic acid.
- Curiosin does not cause systemic side effects
- Curiosin is over-the-counter medication meaning that can be bought without prescription.