Generic Actonel. Buy Actonel generic. Risofos
What is generic Actonel?
Generic Actonel is a prescription medication which contains the same active ingredient as brand drug - risedronate sodium. Generic Actonel is not absolutely the same as brand drug. Generic medication differs from original in amount of excipients, color and shape of tablets, commercial name, and manufacturer. Sometime pharmacokinetic characteristics may differ as well. In most cases and for most women Actonel generic works the same as brand preparation. Generic Actonel which is made by Cipla is available under the name Risofos.
How does generic Actonel works?
Risedronate sodium is in a group of medicines called bisphosphonate. Risedronate is a bisphosphonate that binds to bone hydroxyapatite and inhibits osteoclast-dependent resorption of bone tissue. Remodeling of bone is reduced due to the activity of osteoblasts, and mineralization of bone is preserved. In clinical studies risedronate showed a significant anti-osteoclast and antiresorptive activity and in dependence of dose, it increased bone mass and biomechanical stability of the skeleton. Risedronate helps slow down the rate at which bone tissue and dissolved and thus strengthens bone tissue and prevents osteoporosis. It is believed that Actonel possesses the ability to lower the likelihood of stomach side effects, its effect is more active comparable to etidronate or alendronate. Generic Actonel (Risofos) helps to reduce the risk of vertebral fractures by 65%, the risk of other bone fractures by 39%. Along with that, Risofos increases the bone mineral density in the wrist and spine.
When Risofos is taken?
Generic Actonel is prescribed for the treatment of the following conditions:
· Paget's disease treatment both in men and women
· Prophylaxis and treatment of osteoporosis induced by corticosteroids both in men and women
· Osteoporosis treatment in men
· Osteoporosis treatment and prophylaxis in postmenopausal women
How the medication is taken?
The dose and treatment regimen is determined by your doctor. Do not take the medication at your own initiative without your doctor's approval. Generic Actonel (Risofos) is available in the form of tablets 35mg which should be taken once per week (1 tablet of Risofos 35mg per week). The recommended dosage for men with osteoporosis induced by corticosteroids is also 1 tablet of Risofos 35mg per week. Risofos tablets should be taken at least 30 minutes in the morning before you eat or drink anything. Food and drinks (excluding water) may change the absorption of Risedronate sodium making the medicine less effective. The medication should be taken with plain water only. You need to take enough calcium and vitamin D during the treatment with generic Actonel.
When generic Actonel is contraindicated?
Generic Actonel (Risofos) is contraindicated for use in the following conditions:
· Individual intolerance or reactions of hypersensitivity to any components of the medication
· Low calcium blood levels (hypocalcemia)
· An inability to sit upright or stand for 30 minutes
· Renal failure
· Esophagus diseases (problem with swallowing)
· Pregnancy. Risedronate is considered pregnancy category C meaning that it is not safe to use it during pregnancy
Risedronate sodium should be used with caution in:
· Allergies to foods and drugs
· Liver dysfunction
· Allergy to other bisphosphonates
· Planning to have dental or other surgical interventions
In rare cases Actonel may cause osteonecrosis of the jaw. It is believed that patients which have tooth extraction have a high risk of this condition
Bisphosphonates (including Actonel) can cause extreme muscle or bone pain.
Which generic Actonel side effects are possible during the treatment?
· Like all Bisphosphonates actonel may cause a wide variety of side effects such as:
· In most cases Actonel side effects were not significant and did not require the abolition of therapy Central nervous system: often - headache 1.8% (1.4%).
· Organ of vision: infrequent - iritis, uveitis.
· Digestive tract: often - constipation 5,0% (4,8%), dyspepsia 4.5% (4,1%), nausea 4,3% (4,0%), abdominal pain 3.5% (3 , 3%), diarrhea 3.0% (2.7%), rarely - gastritis 0,9% (0,7%), esophagitis 0,9% (0,9%), dysphagia 0,4% (0 , 2%), duodenitis 0,2% (0,1%), ulcers 0,2% (0,2%), rarely - glossitis ≤ 0,1% (0,1%),
· Musculoskeletal system and connective tissue: frequent - Musculoskeletal pain 2,1% (1,9%), jaw osteonecrosis (frequency unknown).
· Laboratory tests: decrease in the level of calcium and phosphate in blood serum.
· Skin and subcutaneous tissue: hypersensitivity reactions and skin reactions, including angioedema, generalized rash and bullous skin reactions, a few isolated incidents syndrome, Stevens - Johnson and toxic epidermal necrolysis.
· Immune system: anaphylactic reaction.
This is not a complete list of Actonel side effects. Seek immediate medical attention if you develop any the listed above or other side effects.
Which are Actonel overdose symptoms?
Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Use the medication according to your doctor's recommendations. In case of overdose seek medical attention. Possible side effects associated with Actonel include:
· Low calcium blood levels
How generic Actonel can interact with other medicines?
Risofos may interact with the following medicines:
· NSAID's including Aspirin. Stomach irritation, gastritis, ulcers are possible when Risofos is used with NSAID's and Aspirin
· Calcium binds to Risedronate in the stomach and thus prevents its absorption into the gastrointestinal tract
· Iron and magnesium supplements bind to Risedronate in the stomach and thus prevent its absorption into the gastrointestinal tract
· Actonel may make teriparatide less effective. Consults your doctor if you take both 2 medicines
Can I buy generic Actonel without prescription?
For patients from certain countries we require a valid prescription. If you do not have a prescriptions, please contact our customer support service
Where can I buy generic Actonel?
You can buy Generic Actonel available under the name Risofos at our online pharmacy. We offer low and competitive price and high quality of our product.
How can I buy Actonel generic?
You can buy Actonel generic using Visa or Visa electron card. We provide secured methods of payment